I'm looking
for help...
Aidpage is free!

Free downloads: GrantGate®  Federal Money Retriever®

Certification of Foreign Workers for Temporary Agricultural Employment

Published on AidPage by IDILOGIC on Jun 24, 2005

Administered by:

US Federal Government Agency (see all agencies)
Department of Labor , Employment and Training Administration
CFDA #: 17.202

Possible uses and use restrictions...

Employers who need workers for temporary agricultural jobs may be certified to use foreign workers after the Secretary of Labor has determined that there are not sufficient domestic workers capable of performing the job duties and that the employment of aliens will not adversely affect the wages and working conditions of similarly employed domestic workers. Certifications will be made only after efforts to recruit domestic workers through the Federal-State employment service system are unsuccessful. Certifications are sent to the employer in support of the petition to be filed with the Immigration and Naturalization Service which makes the final decision whether to grant or deny the admission of foreign workers.